An approach and teams that are tailored to meet your needs.
Aware of your challenges, our teams work with you towards one goal: achieving your expected results.
Our Partners operate in a highly competitive and constantly changing socio-economic context: saturated markets, mergers and acquisitions, pricing pressures, new forms of distribution, etc.
Developing alone is therefore no longer sufficient.
Our Partners must constantly adapt to remain competitive by responding to the many challenges they are confronted with.
The A.R.E.N.A. Alliance was created to meet these new demands of the modern world.
On an international level, the mission of the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance is to develop and enable synergies for the procurement of products common to its Members, in the interests of its Members, and to distribute the corresponding benefits.
Via its Import division, A.R.E.N.A. has developed the most economical solutions enabling its Partners to purchase from suppliers worldwide, proposing optimised sourcing methodology and stringent conditions regarding quality requirements.
International procurement engineering for DIY products. A.R.E.N.A. today
- Is world no. 1 in terms of numbers of retail outlets
- Is 6th in the world in terms of turnover
- Employs 100 people within the Alliance,
- Has approximately 300 employees specialised in purchasing located in our partners' premises
- Has offices in Paris, Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh City, New Delhi and on the premises of our various Partners,
- Has a multi-sector presence, (DIY, Decorating, Gardening, Building Materials).
- Implements approaches that are always customised and focused on part or all of our business partners' activities (Advice on International Trading, Quality, Import Sourcing, Supply Chain, etc.)
Accelerate the rising influence of a group of independent distributors on an international level
18 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Created on the initiative of the French Mousquetaires Group and the German company, hagebau, the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance brings together 7 retail groups and aims to develop real synergy between its members.
Given their complementarity and the potential synergies between them, particularly in terms of their international development, the goal of the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance is to strengthen the efficiency and profitability of its partners.
The A.R.E.N.A. Alliance encourages its Partners, located on five continents, to cooperate closely together and thereby increase their performances.
The A.R.E.N.A. Alliance regularly brings together and welcomes new partners on an international level.
Discover the history of A.R.E.N.A. from its origins to today:
- Creation of the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance by hagebau, a major DIY retailer in building materials in Germany and by the Groupement des Mousquetaires, one of the main actors in European distribution
- The Danish company DENDEK and South African company MICA join A.R.E.N.A
- Following the merger of Danish brands DITAS and DENDEK, the new company DITAS joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- MITRE 10 joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- RONA, number 1 in Canada, joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- hagebau transfers its shares to the central purchasing entity ZEUS. ZEUS joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- Creation of A.R.E.N.A. Import for direct sourcing in Asia, with an office in Shanghai, China and an office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Launch of GO/ON!®, the A.R.E.N.A. private brand, dedicated to entry-level products for all our Allies
- The company BRICOSTORE, present in Hungary, Croatia and Romania, joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- The Chinese company HOMEMART joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- The Swiss company JUMBO, number 2 in the Swiss DIY market with 40 branches, joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- A.R.E.N.A. Import extends its sourcing area to include India by signing a partnership dedicated to sourcing, quality control, preliminary negotiations and product quotations with the Indian company JHALANI Marketing Services ltd
- The Italian company BRICOFER, 4th largest DIY distributor in the Italian market, joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- DITAS leaves the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- 2 Russian distributors, BAUCENTER, present in three regions of Russia: in the North-West (Kaliningrad), in the South (Krasnodar) and in Siberia (Omsk), and TREST SCM (49 stores in five regions of Russia), join the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- Following its acquisition by the group KINGFISHER, BRICOSTORE leaves the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
- DEDEMAN, 1st DIY and construction materials brand in the Romanian market, joins A.R.E.N.A.
- BRICO IO joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance. The company has a network of 108 points of sale in Italy
- CRC GROUP with its brands THAI WATSADU, HOME WORKS and BANN & BEYOND, joins the alliance. With its 3 DIY banners, CRC GROUP occupies the 2nd place in the Thai market.
- RONA leaves the Alliance
- PEVEC d.d., DIY leader in Croatia, joins the A.R.E.N.A. Alliance
A.R.E.N.A.'s Board of Directors
Permanent invitee to the Board of Directors & Member of the ExCom